Five beers to keep your holiday season going
Christmas is over, but holiday beers are still around! These five brews are perfect for a cozy night in at home by the fire or a night out with friends.
- Sierra Nevada Celebration (6.8% ABV) – First brewed in 1981, Celebration Ale is one of the earliest examples of an American-style IPA and one of the few hop-forward holiday beers. Famous for its intense citrus and pine aromas, Celebration is bold and intense, featuring Cascade, Centennial and Chinook hops
- Blue Moon Mountain Abbey Ale (5.6% ABV) – Blue Moons crafts this winter wonder with roasted malts and dark. Belgian candi sugar for rich caramel and toffee notes. It’s perfect on those winter days when you’re stuck inside.
- Samuel Adams Merry Maker (9% ABV) – This brew is a rich dark gingerbread stout that entices with the aromas of the holidays. The flavor of gingerbread comes alive, beginning with the smooth sweetness and heartiness of dark roasted malts and a touch of wheat. But it’s the intensity and spices of cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, & ginger that add a wicked kick for a jolly playful brew full of merry mischief.
- Leinenkugel’s Snowdrift Vanilla Porter (6% ABV) – A fuller-bodied brew, Snowdrift Porter, has hints of cocoa, coffee and caramel brought out by roasted malts and aged on real vanilla, our Leinenkugel’s® Snowdrift Vanilla Porter® is smooth and creamy, making it ideal for winter.
- Shiner Holiday Cheer (5.4% ABV) – This holiday Dunkelweizen practically unwraps itself with hints of Texas peaches and pecans. Caramelized malts give it a uniquely rich malt body that’s perfect for the holidays.