The temperatures are rising, your kiddos are ready for a vacation and you’ve started your annual “Spring Break Diet.” If you’re like me and love wine, you’re probably having a hard time eliminating it completely from your life. AND, why should you! Other than being delicious, wine has other positive attributes. See: Mayo Clinic Red wine: Good for your heart?
Plus, everyone deserves a treat – especially after that run or boot camp class. So, keeping a low-calorie, eat more fruit diet in mind, we’ve scoured the internet for these wine cocktail recipes. Enjoy and good luck, dieters!
- Skinny White Wine Cocktail with Strawberries – This looks so refreshing. Add strawberries, a straw and an umbrella, and this drink can transition into your beach drink of choice.
- Mojito Wine Spritzer – The says this drink is under 100 calories! Plus, who doesn’t love a minty drink on a warm day?
- Frozen grapes marinated in wine – OK, OK, this one isn’t really a drink, BUT it is a low-calorie snack. Skip the extra sugar for less calories.
- Champagne – If you’re not looking for a mixed cocktail, this is the varietal for you. At approximately 85 calories for a 4-oz pour, Champagne is a great, bubbly, low-calorie drink. Cut it with a sparkling seltzer, like La Croix, and add some fruit and you’ve got yourself a very, diet-friendly drink.
- Red Wine Berry Spritzer – One part wine, three parts sparkling water puts this drink in the low-cal range. Who doesn’t like everything mixed berry?
If you’re looking for a higher alcohol cocktail, consider using a spiked seltzer like White Claw or Truly in place of La Croix.