Monarch Beverage is committed to promoting the responsible consumption of our suppliers’ products. We understand that the misuse of any alcoholic product is unbeneficial to individuals and society and dedicate ourselves to spreading alcohol awareness that encourages responsible drinking. It is our belief that by educating Hoosiers on the dangers of overconsumption, underage drinking and drinking and driving that we can largely reduce the misuse of our products while responsibly enhancing their demand.
Drinking and Driving
As a distributor of beer, we understand the extreme dangers of drinking and driving. We believe that driving while under the influence of alcohol is completely preventable and therefore we highly prioritize reducing the number of drunk drivers on Hoosier roads.
Through partnerships with our suppliers, Monarch Beverage is able to promote transportation alternatives that help legal-age consumers to arrive home safely.
Programs & Campaigns
- “Have a Plan” Responsible Drinking Campaign – In January of 2012, Monarch Beverage rolled out drinking and driving prevention campaign – “Have a Plan: Don’t Drink & Drink.” The campaign, communicated through email, voicemail, social media outlets, and company signage, reminds employees and consumers of the dangers of drinking and driving. The campaign timeline targets major holidays were drinking is more prevalent.
- Taxi Vouchers – Vouchers for cab rides are given in out to consumers in the market.
- Drinking and Driving Prevention Resources
Under Age Drinking
Underage drinking is a large issue among youth in the United States. In order to help eliminate youth access to our products, we provide parents with tips and information on the benefits of talking with their children about the dangers of alcohol. Point of Sale and coaching is also provided to employees to help prevent the sale of alcohol to minors in our retail accounts.
Programs & Campaigns
- Indiana’s Lifeline Law – The Indiana Lifeline Law provides immunity for some alcohol-related offenses to underage Hoosiers who request medical assistance for someone in need. Monarch Beverage became a partner in this initiative and distributed over 100,000 flyers to liquor stores throughout Indiana.
- “How Will Your Night End” Prom Drinking Prevention Campaign – The “How Will Your Night End” prom drinking prevention campaign was launched to make teens aware of the dangers of drinking. The campaign used posters, radio ads and social media outlets to communicate its message to high school students.
- Wristbands – In the past year, over $7,000 in wristbands were purchased for use at festivals and parties to ensure consumers were of the appropriate drinking age.
- Underage Drinking Prevention Resources
Monarch Beverage is committed to promoting the responsible consumption of our suppliers’ products. We understand that the misuse of any alcoholic product is unbeneficial to individuals and society and dedicate ourselves to spreading alcohol awareness that encourages responsible drinking. It is our belief that by educating Hoosiers on the dangers of overconsumption we can largely reduce the misuse of our products while responsibly enhancing their demand.
At Monarch Beverage, we help reduce the level of overconsumption through support of educational and informational programs.
Programs & Campaigns
- Point of Sale – In the past year, 160,000 banners with a responsible drinking message were placed out into the market. Accompanying these banners were “We ID” stickers and buttons. The stickers were placed on cooler doors and the buttons were given to customers’ employees. Coasters with the “We ID” message were also disseminated.
- Drink Limits – Drink tickets and wristbands are given out at supplier & company sponsored events to limited consumption.
- TIPS Training – TIPS Training, a program designed to prevent intoxication and overconsumption, is mandatory for all Monarch sales employees. The training certifies employees and teaches the skills to provide responsible alcohol sales. Monarch Beverage has three certified trainers that also provide retailer certification.